Learn More About Our Religious Education Classes
Queen of Angels offers classes in religious education for children and teens from Pre-school through high school. Classroom instruction is designed to complement parental instruction in the home. Teachers incorporate the Sunday scriptures into their lessons and use a variety of teaching techniques to help students in the process in which their faith is caught, not taught.
The purpose of Religious Education at Queen of Angels is to foster:
- A personal encounter and commitment to Jesus Christ
- A deeper knowledge and understanding of the Gospels
- The Gospel values of love for the least and the lost
- An active and genuine participation in the liturgy and cultivate personal prayer
- The traditions of the Catholic Church and a sense of loyalty and commitment to the church
- A better understanding of the life and work of major saints
Is God is calling ME to be a Catechist?
Faith Formation is always in need of loving adults (Grandparents encouraged!) who’d like to teach and share our Catholic Faith with the youth and children of the parish. Please consider volunteering as a catechist, even if you don’t have children old or young enough to participate in Queen of Angels faith formation programs.
Ask yourself: Is God is calling ME to be a catechist?
– Your commitment as a catechist means:
- We will train and support you in the use of the materials we provide that form the basis of each class
- You spend some time looking at the material for the next lesson so you know what you are teaching
- You are present for each catechetical session, usually 22-23 per year from late-September through early-May
- You are willing to let God use you to both teach and to learn, about our Catholic faith with a small group
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org